a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, July 12, 2010

the wind is high

This morning it was really windy , the tree in front of my window was clacking its branches in teh high wind. There were a few downers as a big tree was uprooted in town. It was a great day for windsurfers , they were very happy!
Another disaster was a roof overhang that fell down in front of the exit for a kindergarten in a Surrey school. It was a blessing that school is out for the summer. The school is undergoing a seismic upgrade but we did not have anysign of an earthquake :>)) That's a joke LOL, I always laugh at my own jokes, nobody else does :<( News on the home front. We walked a different mall this morning,had Thai food for lunch, not much different from Chinese food in my opinion. I saw a beautiful African woman dressed in her national costume and did not have my camera with me. I would have asked her first before I took her photo but no Camera SIGH. She was a true picture of beauty. Then we went to another store and I bought two new nighties. When I tried them on they nearly reached the floor so I'll see how that goes after I wash them and if they do not shrink up then I'll cut the length off and sew a hem. I did a bit of ironing so I was a bit of a housewife for a few minutes. SEW!!! I sewed on the binding on my community quilt that you saw here yesterday. Man who would think it could take so long to do a D..... binding. Nearly two hours. First the machine ratted out on the first mitre and that took quite some time to rip out and redo, the rest of the binding went on okay until I got to the joining of the two strips . I tried to do the join that you set up for a 45' angle seam. It took forever and when I finally cut it guess what..Right I cut it on the wrong side so had two pieces instead of one join.. I am slightly dyslexic and do not alwasy see things right. So I gave up in disgust and did the join that you put one end in side the other end and sew along the binding seam. Not a goood description but I am totally fed up with binding . I have two PDFs on how to do that binding where I spent 2 hours trying to get right and neither of them make enough sense to me to get it right. Usually I get Lynn to do it for me but I did want to try and figure it out myself. NOT!!! So I am sitting in my chair for the rest of the night, sulking ,LOL. You do the same. Sit I mean not sulk. :>)
Have a great evening.

No comments: