a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, July 9, 2010

.morning FMQ

Sorry to those of you who are lovers of heat but for me who has major problems in the heat it is a blessing that the heat has abated some tonight. Not that we have the heat for long here on the coast.
This morning I got up early and tackled my Free Motion Quilting on Pink and Pretty. I noticed that things were not quite right , skipped stitches, some very long jump stitches, so I took it off the machine, and turned it over. Always check the back ladies, that's where a lot of the issues are. And yes the back stitches were a mess, how to describe it. They were very loose and the top and bottom stitches were not even kissing let alone joining LOL. I have noticed that when you have such awful stitching occurs it is the top thread not coming through the thread races. The solution is to take the top thread out and re thread . And yes it worked!! So I managed to do another panel, still not above a C ranking but getting there. At least I hope so. However I note that when I do quilt a Community Quilt it takes nearly a week to complete as I need to take a lot of breaks. And although I do like the
practice I have lots of my own stuff to do. So I don't often take one home to work on. I still have one more panel to complete and a row of stitching on the borders. If the weather is reasonable tomorrow I should get it done. Not bad!!
The photos I took today were all blue so I had to muck around with my camera to get the right colour, dumped those photos as the colour was the thing.
I went to lunch with my friend Barb whom I stood up on Monday, She was very gracious about that. We had a nice time , it has been a long time since we shared a lunch together.
Friends fill in the blanks of life with time and caring. Lucky is the woman with many friends :>))
Have you noticed how your weekly calendar fills up quickly. Yesterday our friends asked us for lunch next week and my calendar was empty so any day was good for them. Today I only have Monday not booked LOL!!!
Enough of my ramblings ladies.
Bon Soir!

No comments: