a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, July 17, 2010

water,sun,breezes and fish and chips

Says it all doesn't it :>))
Adam and Lisa arrived at 12:30 and we were off to Steveston, a busy little fishing village on the edge of the ocean for a day of special family time and all of the above.
Steveston was once a small Japanese fishing village with small fishing boats and canneries where the fish was processed, but now it is a busy little tourist spot, the canneries have all gone " but the memory lingers on" LOL
We arrived there and got a parking spot right away, now what could be more prescient of a wonderful day to follow. We wandered around on the docks looking at all the offerings of the sea that were for sale right off the fishing boats, what could be fresher fish I ask you. But we did not buy any as we did not want to leave it in the car and also our fridge freezer is full with 6 very large crab that Adam and Lisa caught over on the Sunshine Coast and we have yet to eat . Oh my isn't that something to look forward to. The docks were very full of people, parents and children, wheelchairs and oldies with canes, myself included. It was warm, sunny and a lovely sea breeze wafted over the whole scene.
My son Matthew was captain of the small craft that offered tours around the harbour . There were the four of us , a small family of four and two women who I thought were tourists.
We saw many fishing boats both small and large, only one great blue heron, one of my favourite birds. I tried for a photo but don't think I got anything good. Birds are very difficult to photograph with a digital camera.
After the trip was over, Adam, Lisa, Ray and I went to Shady Harbour for lunch. I had oysters, fish and chips. I only wanted the oysters and fish. The plate was huge and so were the oysters. I knew there was no way I could eat all that so I gave Adam half my oysters and Ray ate some of the chips ,there was still food left on the plate so you can imagine how much was there to start with.
Then we came back home and changed the sheets on the bed as Adam and Lisa are staying the night YEAH!!
I am going to download my photos now and add them to my blog.
I hope your day was as lovely as mine.
Buenos Noches!!

No comments: