a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sewing Tuesday

I wrote half this blog and it disappeared so it has to be done all over again. What magic fairy did that to me I wonder LOL.
Oh well! Today was my sewing out day so I packed my bag with the quilt I'm binding and the label I wanted to finish off by cutting the jump stitches. I took a small pair of scissors for this job but they did not work. I actually like the small scissors with the curved blade for this task as they can get to the end of the thread and cut it off close to the stitching.
But I had my quilt and thought that I could finish it today , but it was not to be. Why does binding take so long and why does it look as if it is close to the end when it is not? :>) But I am sure it will be done this week.
So we had lunch around 11:30 . I always eat then and the others wait for me to pull out my lunch so they can eat their's .Funny isn't it. Ray always makes my lunch, I think I may have mentioned that before but he is remembering to put the napkin in now. Good thing as I am really sloppy unfortunately.
We are waiting for Adam and Lisa to come over for the night on the way to Victoria for a bit of a respite. Rick is staying with his dad to relieve Adam and Lisa.
It is not good I am afraid , the cancer has gone to his brain. This is such a senseless , dreadful disease.
No photos tonight , maybe tomorrow.
Good evening, have a beautiful one, summer nights are so magical.

No comments: