a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Sunday snoozes

No work here today unless you count housework which I don't. It is just something to get over with LOL.
I was not up to much today either as I felt awful and took to my bed for a bit.
I did tidy up my sewing stuff so things are looking reasonably neat in there. I wanted to embroider more tea towels as embroidery is so easy after you get the piece hooped and on the machine. Then just let the machine do its thing. See what I mean , easy! But even that was more than I could manage.
I remember when I was young and had little ones and how I would think "Why do I never get tired like my friend does"( She was in bed all the time because she was always tired )and we were just in our twenties. But I had energy to burn, guess I burned it all out over the years. But I sure wish I had it back.
Just saw on TV a scene of hippos in a river and just the ears and eyes were showing, It was so funny. However the subject of the piece is not humourous as it is about the river drying up. This is on 60 minutes, we watch this every Sunday evening. The earth is getting hotter and hotter and rivers are all drying up, some from blatant misuse of the water by waste caused by humans ,but others from the drying up of the rivers. It is easy for me to criticise because I live where we have abundant water and fortunately for us we rarely have to ration it.But when I see things like desert city municipal departments watering the grass on a meridian and of course on the road when they have a massive water shortage or when I see Lake Mead declining year after year it makes me wonder about people and their priorities.
Off the soapbox :>)).
Tomorrow is another new day -what a blessing!
Have a good one!!

No comments: