a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Crossing the border

Our dinner arrived by plane across the international border LOL.
Adam brought Louisiana gumbo which Lisa had made for our dinner. It was delicious, thanks Lisa!! Adam also made rice and corn bread. We had never had corn bread before and it was delicious.  We'll have that again but won't be able to replicate Lisa's Gumbo though. It was so good to see him again , we haven't gotten together since October, so I am very happy he was able to come for a visit.
He was telling us that little Adam his grandson likes to help him make the corn bread, so we have another cook in training ,all men LOL. My dad was also a good cook and made all the major dinners, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter and Sunday dinners. As you know Ray is also a great cook and all my sons like to cook. Good genes LOL .
Once again I did not get out of the house ,just sat around and rested if I wasn't in bed resting. I should be in good shape when I finally get better after all this resting.
I knitted a bit and found some shorter needles of the right size which made the process a lot easier. Most of my knitting needles are in a large case which constains all sizes but they are really long and awkward. I think I bought these smaller ones  when I was in Quebec and they are just the right length for knitting dishcloths.
Charlotte has gained a pound in 4 days so she is up to 6 pounds 9 ounces. Good girl Charlotte you are doing it right.  I am looking forward to seeing her on the 18th at her coming out party , our little debutante :))
Matthew joined us a bit later and shared some gumbo and corn bread. He stayed for a while and chatted. Nice seeing both of them.
I am going to close off for now, no pictures and not much news. Sorry about that folks.
Again tomorrow.
Have a good evening.

No comments: