a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, February 11, 2011

Round about

A round about day from one place to the next.
First we and Adam went to lunch with Sam, he had a terrible time getting across the bridge , it took him over two hours to reach us, not that we were in the restaurant for that long LOL . We waited until he was getting close and had managed to get past the bridge. Last night the crews were working on the bridge and for some reason left a big hole in the deck and cars were catching their undersides in the hole so they had to close that lane to fix it. The traffic is so horrendous on that bridge anyway so the back up was also horrendous- one lane only. Poor Sam he was not a happy camper, a wasted morning for him and for all those people who thought they would get to work by 8:00. Just a day in the life!!  We did have a nice visit though so we were happy.
I had to go to the lab for another test, we went for gas and then to Safeway to pick up yesterday's prescriptions. Back home again and my sister came over for a visit.  She had some great tales to tell about the goings on at her church. Churches are a hotbed of  stories :))
Adam has been scanning some old photos from very old albums of my family, some of which go back to before WW1. There is a photo of my dad's grandma at 96. She passed away in 1915. It is amazing to see the photos of another era. Some were of my dad when he was in the British army during WW1. He went through all four years and had only one furlough of 2 weeks when his grandma in 1915. Thank God he got through all 4 years or I wouldn't be here to have enjoyed the life I have had. Haha.
 My dad even wrote a book about his experiences during the war. His book is now in the British War Museum as an account of an ordinary soldiers experiences in WW1. He was not particularly well educated, alwasy used to say he was self educated and he was quite well informed, but he managed to write an account of the 4 years of the war. My hat is off to him even though he has no longer been with us  since 1976.

My dad on the right in full uniform,uncle on left grandpa and grandma with two aunts.
I think I am never going to get back to sewing  the way things are going. I will definitley not be doing anything until after Adam leaves for home. Not a huge loss since it has been wonderful to have him with us . I am contemplating going to my groups next week , Pat said she would drive me and if I can get hold of Juliet to bring me back home I will be all set. Time will tell if this becomes a plan LOL.
Cute picture of two other great grandchildren Hailey Rose and Jolie Anne, both in Quebec.

See no evil Speak no evil haha!! or I can't stand listening to all this slurping LOL.
Hailey Rose it the eldest and Jolie Anne the baby.
That's it for tonight dear friends.
Bonne Nuit.

No comments: