a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Funny stuff on my blog

Last night my blog disappeared except for the most recent one. Thank goodness Mary was here . She discovered that the counter was causing the problem, why I have no idea. Mary moved the counter down to the bottom of the blog and that fixed the problem. It is an enigma!!
We had a lovely visit with Mary and Albert, they don't often get here from the Island and for some reason we don't go over there much. Hotel bills I guess and the cost of the ferry. We used to go over more often when Donna was at home, she   always had a room for us but now that she has dementia and is in the hospital full time and she knows no one we don't get there much. It is so sad to see her like that. We have been friends since we were in our twenties and had young children. I lived in Victoria at that time and after I moved back to Vancouver  I still went over there to visit and yes with all 5 kids. Donna had 4 kids so it ws a full house but the kids had lots of fun and so did Donna and I.
Ray and I went looking for a new computer table and we found one that would suit  but we didn't purchase it. Ray is trying to figure out how to get it up to this apartment. I think he should just pay for delivery, he is not a young man any more and can't lift the loads he used to. So I will insist that we get it delivered.
A surprise moment-we went to WalMart for coffee - didn't get the coffee but spent only $75 not over a hundred  LOL. We didn't buy anything interesting just groceries. I liked Wal Mart when there was no food and good things I wanted to buy. I used to buy my tops, socks and personal clothing there and now I can't find anything. As well the tops they are selling are so thin, cheaper  I guess. Everything is made in China for no amount of money. Too bad .
After all that shopping we went to MacDonald's for lunch and then home. At least the hamburgers are not made in China. 
My legs were shaky so I needed to get off my feet. Then I lay down for a nap that lasted until supper time.
I forgot to take my library books back and had read all but one of them. It is about Katherine Howard Henry the VIII's  fifth wife who was just a young girl when he married her and Henry was over 40 and beginning to deteriorate. She wanted to just have fun like any 17 year old. Henry decided she was cheating on him and decapitated her for perceived adultry. Another sad story of Henry's wives, but interesting reading.
It is a period of history that has always fascinated me. English history of Kings and Queens is one of my big interests. My parents were British and Royalists so I was brought up to value the monarchy and I still do.


As you can see my day was full so tonight I have to do some cutting :))
Big rise in the cost of gasoline around here as I am sure is the same elsewhere. Libya is in a huge crisis and the crisis is extending to many Arab countries. It is a very bad sign.
Today I had wanted to go and look at fabric but no luck and I am sure tomorrow it will be the same thing. It has been months since I have had that pleasure . Being sick is a waste of time LOL.
I need to get going!  One of my post cards I need a kick in the ....  haha.
My  thoughts for the day, thank you for reading, now off to cutting.
Have a wonderful evening!!
Boa Tarde.

No comments: