a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

flimsy?

Have you ever heard of a flimsy? Neither did I until today. A flimsy in quilting terms is a pieced top that is not made into a quilt. Can you see someone using a top for a cover? Perhaps that occurs in southern climes where there is no need for warmth but a lady liking to cover herself but not to feel too warm. It's kind of like us covering up with a sheet in the summer but no blankets or quilts. Anyway just a "bit" of trivia.
Nice afternoon, Kathy came to visit and had lots of news about the classes I missed and the news of the sewing world around town. She brought the project she made at the last class, it was a towel topper in a valentine mode. It was adorable and silly me I forgot to take a picture of it. I really had a nice time with her. I love listening to the news of the sewing world in town.
Speaking of pictures,  as I did earlier, I got a notice last night that I had overdrawn my picture account and would have to buy some more space. It was just $5.00 so I bought it. I may have to delete some of my older blogs, we'll see how that goes.Didn' t realize there was a limit.
It was one of those days for me so I didn't go out. Ray went to buy some vegetables as he was going to make some vegetable soup for dinner. The soup was delicious as is everything he makes and there is enough for three days so no cooking for the next two days,hahaha....

A little mother, Catherine feeding Emilie. See how big Emilie is. I think Emilie is getting it shoved down her throat LOL. Poor baby.
My pile of dish cloths is growing, soon I'll have enough to satisfy Ray's needs :))
Going, going, gone!! to watch the new Criminal Minds Suspect Behaviour.
Have a great evening folks.



1 comment:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Actually I have a quilt sheet my Grandmother made for my Mom. It just has no batting in it.

Love your Gkid pictures!