a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, February 18, 2011

eye stuff

Ray went to the eye doctor today and the doctor said his eyes are the best he has seen them. Taking his meds, eating right and Vitalux are the triggers. Good for him.
We did a bad thing after , we went to Cinnabon for coffee and a small cinnamon bun. Bad but good LOL.
A slow day today, nothing to show for it except a long nap and finishing my book. Believe it or not it was a novel by Sharon Osborne, yes of Ozzie Osborne fame. His wife as it were. She wrote a novel about two sisters , sibling rivalry at its best-two sisters competing to be the biggest film star in Hollywood. Both of them come under the spell of a Hollywood mogul, a nasty piece of work .
The story has a lot of twists and turns and keeps you , or at least me, reading on. It was a surprise to me how much I liked it , I guess I was  too busy sterotyping Mrs. Osborne . The only thing I did not like about the book was the cover material which was hard and covered with shiny bits. It was not pleasant to hold. If you have a Kindle maybe you could bring it up on your magic machine. Adam has one and he loves it, so does my friend Jean.  I am thinking of getting one myself.
I had a pleasant transaction today with a member of one of my groups, an embroidery list. Upstairs I had a programme that had files from A to Z where I could place my embroidery designs, but I had forgotten where I got it and as you know I am not going upstairs at the moment. I asked on my embroidery list if anyone knew where I could find this system. Two ladies responded with the same  information and I was able to download the system to my laptop. Good news!  I think some of the embroidery items I have on my desktop are actually embroidery designs and not just photos but I'll find that out later. In the meantime I am happy that I found the system. If anyone on this blog is an embroiderer you can find the system at Kenny's Kreations and there is a good file organizing system there.
There are some good examples of decorated Hydro boxes on some of our routes, mostly in Burnaby . This is one I really like. Periodically I'll put others up as I really enoy them.

 I have received many beautiful cards from my many quilting friends, family and freinds from other parts of my life. It has been such a joy to see them come in the mail and I thank you all for your thoughtfulness. This one came from my quilt guild , it is all embossed with quilting designs. I just love it and thought to share it with you.

So here we are at the end of my story . I wish you all a lovely evening.
Bon nuit.

1 comment:

Jean said...

Hi Nan, Sharon Osborne is a lovely lady, its that weird husband of hers. She was a good mother hen to her children. I keep telling you how great my NOOK is. I don't have the Kindle. I love my Nook. No running to the library. Download a book any time of the day or night and they are not expensive.
The software you download for the embroidery sounds nice. Will have to check it out. Also, what a cheerful sight to see on a cold dreary day. Please post more of the Hydro boxes. Are they just for the Winter time? Have a great day. Love, JEan