a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, February 4, 2011

nothing doing

It was a stay at home day for me. Ray always likes to go out and so do I generally speaking but today I didn't feel all that peppy. So I suggested to Ray that he go out alone. And he did.
I just sat in my chair and watched a movie, something forgettable of course LOL.
There were a few phone calls, one from my grandson Rick who wanted to come for a visit. He is here now and the two of them Rick and Ray are watching the hockey game.  We fed him dinner naturally. Growing boys love to eat, even boys of 20.
Here are a couple of bum pictures of Charlotte.

Monkey business haha....

Ruffles on the panties. I am sure she is not that big in the chest.

And why are you taking photos of my behind dad?
And the good news around here is that my sister in law's cancer is in remission so we are all very happy about that. She is such a dear woman...
I did a bit of knitting today, just another dish cloth but we are running short and Ray likes them so I like make a small pile of them for him. Did I tell you he washes the dishes and generally I dry them. It is really cozy doing the dishes together. We do have a dishwasher but there is always somthing to wash.
Tomorrow should be a good day, I hope to get out a bit and do some embroidery-just a label, but it will be good to get somthing done for a change. January has been a big bust. Or maybe it has been a good rest, depends on how you look at it, right? :))
I started to read a book by Wendy Corsi Staub an author I usually enjoy but this one does not engross me like her books usually do. Too bad, it is the atmosphere in the book that bothers me. No excitement just a lot of complaining about two women's bad problems. I'll keep on for a bit but if it does not pick up this book will go the way of all
boring stories.  Oh well an author cannot always be at her best.
In the hospital I read a book in which the main topic was about a hockey player but the story was an interesting  murder mystery which took place starting with a NY team in New York that was playing a Vancouver team. The story took the mail characters to Vancouver and then to Bowen Island. Because I like to read of places I have been and I live here it had some meaning to me. And it was a good read. Title : The Penalty Killing.
Time to quit LOL, have a great evening folks.
Good night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hip Hip Hooray !!!You are listening to your body talk to you. I am proud of you Nan. That is not laziness, that is being smart. Your body thanks you. You were knitting,visiting and reading. Not a wasted day. Each day will get better. That great grandbaby is so precious. She is beautiful. Have a great day. Love, Jean

Diana Davis said...

You must wear those dishcloths out!!! LOL I have some but mine seem to last forever.
I agree with Jean; you're not being lazy, you're smartly recuperating. Keep it up and in no time you will feel like going out again.