a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Dogs

No pictures of dogs just a comment about the TV show Dog Whisperer with Caesar something or other. He is an amazing dog trainer. He takes on dogs who are too difficult for their owners to train and he does his magic with them. We often watch his show and always enjoy it .
Larger print~ ~  This morning we just did whatever work was not done yesterday and I actually did some work too, dusting and laundry folding. Not much but progress.
Then we went out to Boston Pizza for guess what - a pizza :)), pepperoni at that. It was good.
After we ate we went over to Future Shop. We plan to bring my PC downstairs and set it up in the bedroom , so we were looking for a smaller computer table that will fit in the smaller space in the bedroom. We didn't really find one that was suitable. We need to get it before Jim comes this week as we hope he will bring it down and set it up . So we keep looking this week.  Or we can take him with us to help us choose the right one. He likes to spend out money LOL.
I was pretty tired when we got home so I lay down and read for a while. Katie phoned and said she was coming for a visit. She is always entertaining and enjoyable to visit. She talked about her experiences up north in Fort MacMurray. She goes skiing every weekend., along with dog sledding and any other winter sport you can imagine. She is also a hunter and bagged a moose in the fall. Not my choice of entertainment.
 Katie is a trainer for sexually transmitted diseases and gives seminars in the camps in that area where STDs are rampant due to the prevalence of the use of sex trade workers. She helps them to see the need for using prophylactics. It is a noble cause-keeping these disease such as AIDS from spreading and getting passed on to others both in Fort MacMurray and in their home towns when they come out.
We talked about Charlotte's open house, I am sorry that I missed it. Katie said they had all cakes and bars to serve with the tea. What no sandwiches I said. We don't want them to come for dinner she responded , so no savouries LOL.
She said she really liked my food quilt and I had every intention of giving it to her and of course did not remember until she was long gone. Sometimes I wonder...... So maybe I'll mail it to her. She has always wanted that quilt and I want her to have it.

Not such a great photo I hope it shows up better on the blog. All the pieces are either fruits or vegetables. The pattern is Turning Twenty , it uses twenty fat quarters to make it. Very easy to do.

Kate at the camp. See her blog
All in all a very good day.
Have a lovey night folks.
Guten Abend.


1 comment:

Diana Davis said...

I used to watch Dog Whisperer all the time. Caeser is very good at what he does.