a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, February 27, 2011

no more snow

It came and it went, that's the way of snow in Vancouver. They didn't even send out the snow plows ,weekend and the city employees are off LOL.
Morning view from my window.
Afternoon view, no snow haha.
I made the second portion of my label this morning and have been trying to get a littel embroidery design for it. Unfortunately my laptop is not cooperating. I sure hope the new computer is more amenable but am frightened it may not be as it also has windows 7. installed. We'll see when Jim gets here and sets it up. Maybe he can install an earlier programme. Windows XP was great. Or maybe I had programmes on it that worked and are not on this one.
My nephew called  this after noon and we had a long talk. He said he wants to make dinner for us some day. He is a very good cook.
Then I lay down to read my book,so that took a couple of hours LOL.
Ray made meat loaf sandwiches for dinner, he makes the best sandwiches so it was a treat.
I just finished culling all my photos and some embroidery designs which had doubles of everything. I don't know if the designs will even work on this laptop but I am keeping one copy just in case.And the photos also had a lot of duplicates so I deleted those. It took quite a while to got hrough each folder and then to delete the empty folders.  It's bit like housekeeping and cleaning drawers :)) My next job is to do the system clean tonight. Buzz reminded me about that the other day. So if this reminds anyone who reads this blog, that's good.
Here I am to say good night, can you see I was a bit cheeky even at a very young age LOL.
I wish you all a lovely evening!!
Bon Soir!

1 comment:

Diana Davis said...

I just went through and did that same thing on my computer, cleaned off the doubles and freed up a lot of space. Also on dh's old laptop; it has a tiny memory and there wasn't even enough left on it to run defrag. Afterward it ran no problem! I did order some memory for it too. I bought some for my PC a couple weeks ago and I can't believe how much faster it is running now!!