a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, February 6, 2011

watchin' the Super Bowl

And so Ray made sauerkraut and ribs in the oven for our sit in front of the TV dinner, it was delicious. We both wanted seconds but restrained ourselves, not hungry just greedy. the tast was so good / But we were good too and did not have seconds :((
I called Adam and he said he was making sauerkraut and sausage for SB dinner.
As for the rest of the day Ray did the housework and I did the bills and business, that's not too trying on a body.
Adam is coming Tuesday from Louisiana and Lisa his wife is sending up 2 containers of Gumbo. Adam says he will make rice and cornbread to go with the gumbo. I am surrounded by men who cook. How lucky can you get.
We did take a short trip to the bakery for bread but we were not out long. I had to come home for my antibiotics, they neeed to be taken 3 times a day ,8 hours apart. Need to be watchful on that score.
And I continued to read my book, almost done. Then it iwll be tome to move on.
It is hard to  write a blog when you don't do anything or go anywhere, so I am looking forward to the day when I can go out.
I told you I wanted to get some pretty background fabric for Charlotte's quilt, that will be my first trip and I have decided to go with pink.
Speaking of quilts here is a heart quilt that I made many years ago when I first started quilting.
The blocks were mostly sent to me by a small group I was on, the group has since disbanded but I keep in touch with a few of them.  There were not enough blocks to make a complete quilt , some blocks were small and some were large. I managed to make them all the same size ,some of the 6 inch blocks that came in had to have 3 more 6 inch blocks made to make a 12 inch block but it was a fun and challenging quilt to do and I like the offset inner border. I think this quilt is appropriate for the season. I have several more heart pieces so you'll  be seeing them this month.
Have a lovely evening folks.
Kalispera. 

No comments: