a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Offer

Ray offered to take me to my quilting groups for a visit on Tuesday.
I will definitely enjoy that and I can pick up Ray's quilt while there.
Are you familiar with J.A.Jance the writer. She is the author of the J.P. Beaumont series about a flawed  Seattle detective who solves murder mysteries in and around Seattle. He is one of my favourite detectives.
She also writes the series of an Arizona Sheriff Joanna Brady and sometimes the books cross over with Beaumont heading into Arizona territory to work with Brady . I have read many of these books and always find them exciting.
I just finished a J.A. Jance book with neither of them in it. It is called  Hour of The Hunter. In it a serial killer is released from prison early , he is a master manipulator and was abe to behave well and get on the right side of the Warden, also he had a bit of dirt on the Warden. That always helps.
He goes home to his mother who is not the brightest bulb in the chandelier and convinces her to trust him, something sheis leery of doing and so he moves in with mommy. He is by the way a cross dresser and wears his costumes while he is on the hunt. He has a plan to kill his mother but she outwits him, maybe she is brighter than I thought LOL.
The lady,Diana whom he he is after lives on Indian territory with an old Indian woman and Diana's boy of whom they share the parenting . There is a cast of fascinating characters and many Indian legends and customs. This book is a page turner and I have  not read too many of them lately.
Try it  I am sure you will enjoy it.
For today Adam spent the day scanning a huge number of photos into Photo Bucket. It has taken days  of work for him.
I made spareribs in the slowcooker today,started them in the morning, threw in 6 cloves of crushed garlic , some onions, a bit of Worcestershire sauce and set the timer to slow.
For dinner there was a lovely salad , cauliflower, rice cooked in the rice cooker  and spareribs It was delicious. Richard came by from the boat show and shared our dinner so there were 4 of us at table. It was lovely.  Adam went out with Adam for a beer tonight and Rick went home to get ready for Calgary tomorrow morning.
I am tired tonight and will go to bed pretty early.
Have a great evening.
Aloha ahiahi

2 comments:

Dona said...

I too am a big fan of JA Jance and Beaumont is my favorite. Also enjoy the Joanna Brady character. Just finished reading "Fatal Error" Ali Reynolds is another of her characters. Hope you are doing better and recovering quickly.

Dona said...

I too am a big fan of J.A. Jance. Beaumont is my favorite character. Joanna Brady is another good one. Just finished ready "Fatal Error" which has Ali Reynolds as the main character. Very excellent write. Well done. Hope you are doing better and recovering quickly.