a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

return to duty

It has been a long time..... I got released  late morning and it is good to be home.
This is my story.   The night I went to the hospital  the first time I passed out in the bathroom , Ray called the ambulance , my DDIL Caroline came over to give him moral support as I am too heavy for either of them to lift. I remember nothing  from the time I passed out until later in the hospital. Remember I told you I had a bladder infection earlier in the month, well it was a bit more than just a regular bladder infection , apparently a much worse type, E Coli, and had progressed to my kidney thus the passing out ceremony :>)
In the hopsital they put me on an antibiotic , kept me in emergency for several days , then up to a ward and eventually back home.
I was home for one evening, the next day I passed out again which meant another call to the ambulance  . If  I was concious I would be on close speaking terms with the  ambulance people. This was really weird as I  could not recall anything  even after regaining consciousness , it is still a blank.
So to the next journey, same story ,different ending. Back in emergency. I got that horrible disease of hospitals,  C Diff , a truly dreadful type of diarrhea requiring another heavy dose of a different antibiotic and a longer stay in the hospital. So 15 days later I am back at home.
I did not lose any weight . Despite being really ill I managed to eat every meal LOL !! The meals contrary to public opinion were good, tasty and lots of food. I had three squares a day so here goes  no losses for me.
Remember when I fell and had those 7 stitches  in my head. I also hurt my back and it has been a big source of pain throughout all this , still is  for that matter. Hopefully that will heal up soon.
I told you all about my new great granddaughter Charlotte who came intot his world at 4 pounds 1 ounce, she is now 5 pounds 4 ounces.
We had another new great granddaughter in Quebec , don't know the day, she clocked in at over 10 pounds, from one extreme to the other, or as my Scottish mother would say from the sublime to the ridiculous. Not to say either baby is ridiculous LOL.

Pictures of our big girl 












I talked to all my sons today which is a great treat. I didn't want them to come up to see me as they had compromised children but my grandson Sam came every day. But Matthew is coming over tomorrow, Adam is coming up from Louisiana where he said it was -8 Celsius  this morning and folks were having to wrap their pipes to keep them from freezing as well as covering up their plants so they did not die from the cold.
Jim is coming down from Edmonton a bit later in the month. So it will be a nice month for me and Ray.
After coming home it was just a day of rest, not that I did not get enough rest at the hospital. I truly admire thosed nurses who took such good care of me and all the other patients.
I can hardly wait to get out to all my groups so tomorrow I'll walk down that long hall for exercise and have a shower. It has been a while, no shower and no hair washing. I look just dreadful. But tomorrow I'll be beautiful again :))
Have a  great evening,
Bon Soir,

5 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Wonderful to have you back!!!!! You have had quite a go of it.

Billie in TX

Denise said...

Nan, I am so glad you are well enough to be home. We at FLQ have been so worried about you. I have prayed for you every day and God has answered my prayers. Take time to get completely well and then post when you are ready. We all miss you and your wonderful stories.
Denise in AK

Diana Davis said...

Oh Nan!!!! You have been through SO MUCH!!! But I am absolutely thrilled to see you are back and doing well! We really missed you and you must know that a LOT of prayers were sent up on your behalf! I am just so happy you are ok! Boy I use a lot of exclamation points but I really am excited to see that you are back. Happy day!!!!!!
Love, Diana

Jaayimee said...

Thank goodness you are okay Nan! I was worried. I got C Diff myself. Caught it when my grandmother was in the hospital dying. It was very painful. I guess mine was from the 3 rounds of an antibiotic called clindamyacin (sp?) for a tooth infection. My surgeon said it was common to get c diff from it. Anyways I am glad you are home and we will be seeing your postings again.
Jamie

Amy said...

Welcome back! What an adventure you have had. I too hope your back will heal. I know you have been in alot of pain. Congrats on the newest grandbaby. She is a doll!