a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, February 3, 2011

short blog

When I do nothing , there is nothing to talk about is there. But i will talk about a bit of my day. I called my friend Jean in Delaware today as she had called here while I was in hospital. She told me I was to take it easy, too much running around she said. Well Jean I did not run around much today so I am your obedient friend :))  But I did get the yogurt!!
I went  to the library though and took out 7 books. No way I can do without something to read in bed. Then my sister Marg came over with 2 more books , actually 4 more but I have read two of them. They were the first two Stieg Larsson books The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo etc. I still have not read the third book in the trilogy.
I feel more secure now that I have all those books LOL. There is safety in books.
When Marg left I had a good nap, more like a sleep ZZZZ.
We are watching The Mentalist ,a new episode  and a good one about a husband falsely accused of murdering his wife. Of course it was not him but I won't tell you who it is :)).
And tonight Bones takes place where there are  plural wives. That is a big thing here at the moment as there is a trial  of "Bountiful" husbands who have lots of wives and children. So it will be interesting.
Ray is doing the cooking and cleaning, it is such a blessing to have a good husband. He made his special scrambled eggs for dinner, just what I wanted.
My 5th son Matthew came over this morning, he has been a brick through all of this coming every day to the hospital until I asked him not to as I was worried he would take the C Diff home to his son who has a compromised immune system. I am most grateful to him for taking on the task of sending out daily reports to all my sons. We had a really good visit and that made me happy. All my other sons are elsewhere at the moment , but most will be here in a week or so.

February SBS , embroidered on my machine and made into a quilt for one of my great granddaughters.
Time to go and stop my nonsense for the evening.
So a great night to all of you.
Buono notte.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sooooo glad to see you home & up and about!!! Missed you! Congrats on your 2 wonderful DGDs ~ how exciting! Cute SBS quilt, too. Take care ~ (hugs) Patti

Diana Davis said...

Dear Nan, it is so nice to see you blogging again. I haven't been on mine in a couple of days and just noticed you wrote a couple and Denise did too so I'm taking time now to read them. Your other friend is right; you need to just TAKE IT EASY till you get all healed up! You'll be back on your feet in no time! Enjoy your dear Ray taking care of you. (when I'm sick I have to take care of myself!)
So kick back and catch up on all that reading. And know how happy we are to have you back!!!
Hugs, Diana