a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

friends

One of the the best parts of life is friendship . I want  to thank all of you who sent me e mails and made comments on my blog. It always makes me happy to hear from you and I appreciate you taking the time to make your comments.  Sometimes I am able to respond to them but often Google won't accept my password so I am thanking you all here in this space.
Now for the piece de resistance tada!!
Finally my quilt is finished, Ray is happy with it. It is actually a group effort. I pieced it , Lauren quilted it, Mary Alice donated the fabric for the binding, Lynn cut and sewed the binding and Ione sewed the binding down on the back. So I guess I can't actually claim it as my own can I. 
Back of the quilt whoops no backing, it seems my photo storage has exceeded its limit. I ordered more but it will take 24 hours for it to be useful.

Ray took me to my morning group for a short visit, it was wonderful to see everyone and to have a bit of a chat. I needed someone to sign my passport renewal form so Helen did that. I had to walk up a short flight of stairs , that was fun, talk about shaky legs, kind of scary. First time I have gone up stairs in quite a while.
Then Ray took me to Community Quilts to pick up my quilt and it was another great visit. I was so happy to see everyone there too. Again I sat and chatted with some of the ladies there.  Ione had my quilt all ready to go , it looks beautiful, Lauren always does a great job of quilting and the binding was beautiful Ione :))  I had some loose legs on Mary Alice's steps, Ray had to help me down. But we did it!!!
Then we went for a bit of lunch, I had a tuna sandwich at Murchies , tomato basil soup and coffee. I enjoyed it so much that I asked Ray to make more for supper as his tuna sndwiches are fabulous.So that was dinner too.  Now I have fulfilled my quota of 3 fish dishes a week.  So after lunch I was really tired and we came home.
Ray's cousin called and we talked for an hour or so, Well I listened LOL. She was full of her family news most of it bad. too many of her family have cancer.
Tomorrow I am having visitors so that will be a good day. I'll tell you all about it of course.
Have a great evening folks.
Buona sera !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nan, the safari quilt is very nice. I am sure Ray will enjoy it. It is so nice to have friends to be able to help but I am sure you have been the type of person to be there when someone else needed help. That is so nice of Ray to take you to your clubs. I know it is hard not to be able to gallivant on your own. But in time. What is the reason for the word verification before you send the comments ? Enjoy your company today. Love, Jean