a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

we bought it



We bought my new computer table today and I forgot to take a photo, but I will do that when we get it together. It is very nice. Tomorrow our friend's Bob and Buzz will help Ray  and pick it up with their truck and the best part is Bob has a dolly to bring it to the door of the apartment. That is so good as Ray was worried about how to get it to the door knowing it would be heavy for him. Thank goodness  for good friends! We won't try and put it together until Jim gets here and we can bring the computer down. I am really looking forward to that. Not being able to get upstairs since early January has been nerve wracking worrying about all the e mail. I finally knew there was little to nothing I could do so I just stopped worrying. I'll fix it all when the computer comes downstairs.
The snow came down in bucket loads in Victoria and I was worried about Mary and Albert getting home, so I called her to see how that went. She said it was not bad last night but she could not get in to work today. We don't do snow well in British Columbia. haha!!
No snow in Vancouver but wait a day and we'll see how we do!
We had lunch today at IHOP and I had my favourite - waffles, Ray had a stack of pancakes. Very bad but then we seldom go there. I blame it all on Albert ,he said he wanted to go to IHOP last night and that put it in my head LOL.
When we got home I went throught all the receipts I need for our taxes. We always get a refund so we like to get them in early . The government has had our money long enough LOL. Now we are ready to take them to the accountant, we are far too lazy to do them ourselves and she does them cheaply. Plus she needs the work. So it is an honourable thing we do!
Another photo of my mountains, I cannot resist the snow on the mountains but only from down below. I don't go up there :))

And another hydro box, not as good a picture but it is hard to catch them from a moving car hahaha.

Odd shape but there was lots to delete and I like the shape of this photo.
So that's it for my day, hope yours was good!!
Have a great evening.
Guid forenicht.

1 comment:

Jean said...

Hi Nan, they say you can't put a price on PIECE OF MIND. Rather than Ray worried about how to get the desk home and into the apartment, I think it would have been best to bite the bullet and pay to have it delivered. Just subtract a shopping trip from your the budget. LOL Love,Love Love IHOP. I get the beef cube breakfast. I also love their pancakes. Instead of hash browns, I get the red potatoes with fried onions. Thanks for the Hydrobox. Tell Ray to slow down so you can get a better picture. LOL. Have a great day. Love, Jean