a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, February 26, 2011

snow is falling

However the snow is what I call thin, no substance to the flakes so it doesn't pile up anywhere and could turn to rain. We are sitting warm and cozy in our recliners. Haha.
But I had a very full day. First we went shopping at a different store in a different mall. It takes a bit more time in a new store to get around. W kept running into a very nice couple and passed jokes back and forth, it made shopping fun. 

Flowers.    These were so pretty.

And plants. Lots of variety.
Margaret , my sister, came over when we got home . She brought me a book to read and I gave her the one I just bought this morning. We often do that , share the book before we have even read it ourselves. It works for us. So we had a nice visit.
When Margaret went home, I decided to make the label for Emilie's quilt on my embroidery machine. First I had to hoop the stabilizer and fabric. But before I put that on the machine it was necessary to originate the message, not rocket science but boy do I take a long time. I seem to delete the message too many times for wome odd reason. Eventually I got it right and saved it ,then added the hoop and fabric. It takes a while to embroidery out the label and I alwasy sit there because if I don't the machine acts up as any machine embroiderer can tell you LOL.  Then I had to cut all the jump stitches and peel off the stabilizer. However it got done at least the first part, there is another part to do but it was nearly time to make dinner.
Not even trimmed :))
This picture came to me from my friend Jean in Delaware this morning, she found it on the net as Purdy's is only in Canada.

These Melties remind me of my mom who loved Mint Meltaways. She used to send me downtown to Eatons, it is no longer there, to buy them for her. Mom rarely shared the wonderful chocolates but occasionally she would give me one when I went to town for her. After I got older and had my own money I used to buy hers and then some for me. I like these old memories of the times long ago.
Dinner- I made a meat loaf for dinner and Ray said it was good. He likes meat loaf sandwiches so it won't last long. LOL.
Now we are watching the selection of the new Liberal party leader, who will be the next Premier of the province. Politics is always exciting and suspenseful.
Our new Premier is  Christie Clark. I am not happy !!

1 comment:

Diana Davis said...

I wish I could figure out how to do labels on my machine! I tried putting Roger's name on his shirts before (several years back, when he was still working) and it was so frustrating that after I finally got some on, I never tried it again!
I love the pictures of the flowers at your market. They look so pleasant!