a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Achy breaky

Not heart, just sore and headachy. I hope this is gone tomorrow. I haad lots of pain last night bna a headache tonight, but you don't want tohear about that. However I could not resist seeing as I have a captive audience. Marion called tonight and all she could say was thank you,thank you and so on for several more thank yous  and it is so beautiful. Can you guess she got the quilt and was thrilled. Also she is getting a new bed and it will go on her new bed. I am so happy she is so happy. Enough of happy sappy you say LOL-however  it is good to make a dear one happy. Ray's eldest sister who was there at the time asked Where is mine ;), I'll have to have a look on my quilt rack.
Oh and I gave the red socks to Paulina for her winter foot warmers, she was happy too.
Can you believe it ,an excellent day except for the headache.  I did not hear from Maryanne as to whether  she received the towels. They only had to go across the water to Vancouver Island and Marion's quilt had to go across three provinces to Manitoba. The vagaries of the postal system amaze me.
Orland Kurtenbach honoured tonight in the Roger's arena for his contributions to hockey and the Canucks.
Sewing? Isn't this supposed to be a sewing blog? Well partially, I have other things I think about and enjoy. But for tonight , sewing took place along with the ladies at the church and I forgot to take photos. It was the busiest place this morning, I got there later than usual and it was abuzz with fabric flying everywhere , some were cutting up squares of Christmas Fabric in a joint effort to make a table runner. I forgot to take fabric but that was fine I am actually into square table covers lately for some reason. The table runner today was very long but could have been made shorter  by leaving off one of the square elements. But many of the of the ladies went home with all the cutting done for their TR.
It was fun though with so much going on.
I just did some of my applique, still need to check on the butterflies to see if i can stop making these haha. 
One of the ladies asked if I could do a bit of embroidery for her. It is a beautiful little linen table napkin that she wants a bit of embroidery in one corner. I am afraid to do it as I might make a mistake. I would feel terrible if that happened. She wants it for a participation in one of her groups where all members are to do one napkin each and embroider something that is special to B.C. Well what can she do if I make a mistake, cut off my head. But I might lose a lovely friend. Oh I would hate to mess it up.
Later at Community quilts I agreed to make another pair of socks for Ione. There Ione now I have to do it LOL. I had a good chat with all my friends there one at a time as they are all scattered around the house. I just make the rounds ;)
When I got home Ray said Katie had called from Fort MacMurray. I wonder if the snows have begun, no doubt as it is so far north. The storms swirling around the central part of the upper  continent both South of the border and North of the border would make snow  a resonable assumption.  I missed her and she was going out tonight so I was not able to call her back.
However I took a couple of beautiful tree photos from across the street. Some  I'll put on the side and some here in the blog.
These yellow trees are such a beautiful lemon colour.
I am leaving now to read my book. I finished the Cliff House Strangler by Shirley Tallman. That makes three out of four. I'll begin the fourth tonight.
Have a lovely evening and stay safe from the weather.
Bon Soir.

No comments: