a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, October 4, 2010

we are alone

Jim left this afternoon on his way to  Kamloops where he plans to spend the night cutting his driving hours today and makes for a shorter driving day tomorrow.
Ray and I had to go for tests this morningand all three of us went for breakfast after. It was a nice time together , one we won't be able to do for a while, although Jim did ask if we would fly to Edmonton for Christmas. I would love to do that but still need to ask Ray.
I took good advantage of the free time to do some more embroidery and did the final block of my Redwork quilt. I pinned up the sashing on the sides of the last three blocks but did not get to sewing them on. I was going to be a bit short of sashing pieces so needed to unpick one side of a white,red,white set of strips so I could cut another red strip and make it a red,white,red set of strips. That will give me enough pieces for the sashing I hope. No sewing tomorrow so this will all have to take place on Wednesday.  I have enough of the leftovers piece to make the pieces for the 9 patches.
Tomorrow will be one of those days when I go out in the morning at 8:30 , get home at 4:00 and then go out with Kathy for a class on Stabilizers, what to use with what. It should be informative. I just lost half my entry for the blog and cannot find it. I am chuffed, now what was I saying. Fiddlesticks!!!
I am sure you are all waiting for me to get this Redwork done so I stop talking about it, but the triple sashing takes such a long time to do and to put together. And I only work on one quilt at a time so have no UFOs. However I do have the squares cut for my animal skins quilt and just need to cut the 1 1/2 inch strips for the sashings, easy ones eh!
Got to love that.
Oh I recall now what I wanted to say. When I go to Tom's tomorrow night I am going to look at the holiday fabrics and maybe purchase some. Lots of fabric here but for the past few years I only buy exactly what I need , I love those holiday fabrics , but some have to go out  for more to come in, well maybe not I am sure I can find a space for a few FQs LOL. Also need to buy some rayon embroidery thread and KK2000. There I think I am caught up.
Have a lovely evening folks.
Sta Bene.

No comments: