a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, October 14, 2010

evening is too short

Kathy and I jsut got home from our class at Tom's. It was a sewing class this month and the project was a casserole carrier. I bought some beautiful pumpkin fabric for this project. It is a fabric that delights the eye and feeds that soul with fantastic colours. Colour is such an amazing thing , it really excites me, particularly those rich clear colours with no gray in them. Bright reds, oranges, greens,blues are the ones tha catch me immediately.
Tom was very helpful to me at the class. I am not really a sewer , I am a quilter. Sewing is hard for me but that is the reason I am taking these classes becuase I want to knowhow things are constructed. If I understand that then I can understand the structure of all my sewing. So Tom seems to recognize that  and is very good at helping me to get it. There is a reason for all things and when you get the reason it is easier to understand. Tom is good to everyone in the class helping us patiently and skillfully.
I did not finish my project, never do in the class , but I can read the instructions at home and figure it out from there. Tom said if I wanted to come into the shop at other than class times it was good by him.
Earleir in the day I took my camera back to London Drugs where I bought it because my pictures were so dark. I asked the lady there about it and she took a look and said the ISO was at  and it should have been at 200. I think that was the lenght of time the shutter stays open. So hopefully my next photos will be better.
Look I just added this beautiful photo of lavendar fields, the colour is so gorgeous. Sorry it is in the wrong place but who's to say it's the wrong place LOL.
After we got back from lunch I decided to make two embroidered towels for Marianne and Gus for their bathroom. First I did a cute pumpkin/jack o'lantern  and then an adorable set of feet , witches feet. It is such a fun design. I  think they will like them. That took me all afternoon but a lot of the time is spent on computer stuff and running up and down stairs. It is complicated. First find the designs on the upstairs computer, then put them on the stick.  That seems easy doesn't it. There are so many things that can go wrong and today they did!! But I did get them done... I used a sticky stabilizer in the hoop and a clear stabilizer on the top of the towel which I attached with a spreay in the corners of the piece so that it would not gum up the needle.
It is late now so I am off to bed, we have to get up early in the morning.  to go to the hospital.
Have a great evening.
Bon nuit.

1 comment:

Angie in SoCal said...

The evening may have been short, but boy you did a lot! Those lavendar fields are beautiful. Are they near your home? If so, lucky you.