a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, October 17, 2010

great page of tutorials

http://pinkchalkstudio.com/blog/2010/10/16/halloween-quilt-spider-web-log-cabin-block-tutorial/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=halloween-quilt-spider-web-log-cabin-block-tutorial

Some really great tutorials on this blog , but it is really too long to type in so my suggestions is to just type the http://pinkchalkstudio.com/ and see if you can find the spider block. Then click on pinkchalkstudio blog on the pager that comes up.
Also when the page for the spider block comes up scroll right down to the end of the lesson and you will find some great blogs. Take a look at them.
I have had no internet access since 3:30 so app. 6 hours which is why my blog is late. So here goes for today.  I spent so much time trying to get it fixed that other work was suspended. I called up Shaw , waited for over and hour and then when I got through the  Tech told me my router was not working and I needed to called Cisco. I was ticked off by this time and came back downstairs, decided to try the laptop again not expecting it to work and surprise it did.
Of course our regular Sunday morning is housework but in the afternoon we went to Fabricana , oh what fun. I wanted to ask the ladies there about what I should do about borders for my Redwork quilt . They see so many quilts in their daily work that they are very skilled at helping. So their opinion was a small white border and then use the red of the quilt for the outer border. I think they are right as another colour won't work on that red and white fabric. So I bought .4 of a meter of the white, I had used up all the white I had, which cost me $3 and a few cents. My next trip will be for backing. Once I am done with the top a fabric will speak to me for the backing.
I completed the last row when we returned.  And I got all the bad brown stitches out of my apron.
Fat quarter box. I love reds and oranges, these really attracted me . The next photo is a box of lovely fruit and vegetable fabrics.

Ray made his wonderful beef barley soup for dinner. We had fresh bread and butter with it. Ray is such a great cook. I am a lucky wife.
So that was my day and this is my night. Time to go, thanks for reading folks.
Guten Abend!


No comments: