a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

many quilting hours today

Well all days have just 24 hours but my day has been long and lovely. I left home at 8:30 and got back at 10:00 with a couple of hours at home getting ready to go out again.
I continued to work on my applique- must count and see how many butterflies that are done.
I am going to send one of my quilts to my sister in lawin Winnipeg to comfort her while she is taking chemo and to give her something to hold on to when she feels sick.
We had fun at quilting this morning. Betty Lu bought a captain's house in Maine. We are trying to get her to agreeto a retreat haha. Although it would not be the first time I attended a retreat on the east coast. My son lived in Delaware . While he was away about 10 of us from all over the states and Canada came for a week of fun and games ,literally. We went to Amish country in Pennsylvania, bought fabric , looked at quilts, ate Amish food in old farmhouses, sewed. It is one of my favourite memories. And that is where I met my friend Jean who often surfaces on this blog. LOL
Community Quilts was also lots of fun and laughs.  Mary was back from Saskatchewan where she visited her brand new granddaughter. Jocelyn is back from Russia so everyone was there today. We worked on bindings which is what we usually do unless we bring a machine. Some of the members do bring their won and they do quilting.  It is a busy place believe me. In the basement is hwere they do the cutting for the quilts and arrange the blocks , sandwich and pin. It is a buy house on Tuesdays.
Tonight Kathy and I had an embroidery class  at Tom's. Kerry , Tom's wife was one of the teachers , I really like her. She says she'd like me to be there more often. And I would like to do that but Ray keeps me busy.
The class was  in the hoop quilting and flip sewing , designs by Hoop Sisters. We needed to make 4 sections of a design but I only made two. I'll get them done this month  before the next class.I took some photos of other people's work.

Jane's work, interesting choice of fabrics.
Michelle almost finished hers.

still in the machine.
Most people used Christmas fabric but this lady did hers in blues. It is fun to see how things turn out when everyone does something different.


That's my thought for the day. Good night all.

No comments: