a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

We had such a lovely day at Rick and Carla's ,Adam, Lisa and Sam, joined us and Meg, Louis and  Rick Jr. all were there for dinner And a wonderful dinner it was ,turkey,yams,potatoes,mashed carrots and turnips,brussel sprouts,gravy, two bread dressings,cole slaw,corn. Can you believe this!!! Rick made his famous pumpkin pie and it was oh so delicious. What good cooks Rick and Carla are and what great hosts. It was such a beautiful day.
Earlier we took Adam and Lisa to the aiport to pick up a rental car. So they were able to drive out to Rick's themselves and didn't have to depend on us. That was good as they stayed a bit to visit with everyone. They were enjoying themselves.
Mary called from Victoria to wish us a Happy Thanksgiving, we had a good visit on the phone and then Katie called from Fort McMurray to wish us a Happy Thanksgiving. We also had a good visit over the phone.
I did nothing today as far as work was concerned even though I took my knitting with me. It stayed in the bag for the whole day and I didn't even think of it. Now that is relaxed :>))
We have so much to be grateful for in this country, I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving.
Now I did actually work today but forgot about that job. At Community Quilts the ladies there wanted someone to make a Facebook page for the group. I kind of volunteered and was quite concerned about whether I could manage to do the job.  However you have to be on Facebook as far as I know to access the group.
Mary had given me the instructions on how to do this and I just followed her instructions line by line .She does give extremely clear instructions. I am grateful to her.
I had as you can see a very happy day. I hope you did too.
Good night .
Bon nuit.

No comments: