a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

pandas

We are watching Oasis, a TV station which is showing the birth of baby giant pandas, they are so tiny and pink and  hairless, really a very immature specimen. In this case twins were born ,in the wild usually one of them dies and often the same occurs in the lab. But the clinic where this set of twins were born has developed a technique in which each baby spends two days with the mother and two days in the nursery receiving milk which has been expressed from the mother . I wonder at the size of the mother as opposed to the size of the cub and the amount of time the mother is in labour for such a small infant.  This is a very fascinating look at the beginning of life for the giant panda.
We had a day of errands .My conputer  last night said I had a Trojan virus so I shut it down right away. This morning we took it to London Drugs where Ben took care of it for me. Thank goodness he said it was just a warning from Kaspersky , my security  programme  . Good thing I took it in as the virus wanted me to open something that would let loose a tornado , if you will. All is well tonight.
We left the laptop and went to Sears where I returned the pair of jeans I bought last week. The legs were way too long or I am way too short. There  was a line up and every person in the line up was returning things they had bought. One cashier on the desk. Really anyone that wanted to purchase may have turned away and left.
We had a bowl of soup and a coffee for lunch, then back  for the laptop. After that we returned a couple of books to the library, didn't take out more as I still  had a few at home.
Then I called Caroline my DDIL who works at Lazy Boy. I wanted to ask her about Ray's lazyboy chair which had broken a spring. She said she could make an appointment with the repair man to have it fixed. What a great lady she is.
I feel so guilty because there was no sewing happening  here today and I have a
 lot to do.But even though I call it work it is not a job so I can take a day off once on a while.
So no pictures either.
 Have a great evening. I will knit the brown socks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nan, the time you spent in line at Sears to return the jeans you could have shorten them yourself.. (you have what 3 sewing machines?) LOL Also tell Ray to sit down in the recliner do NOT fall into the recliner.. I have to tell Sam once in a while he just slams (falls into chair). Very hard on the springs. :)