a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

the high cost of making a mistake

Embroiderers will know what I am talking about when I say I spent half a day ripping out a small patch of embroidery when I began the wrong design. It took me half the afternoon to remove the stitches and they are still not completely gone. I was trying to put a design on a barbecue apron that I had made during a class at Tom's. Ha- it takes forever to rip out those few stitches and believe me it is not good for the eyes. I still have a small amount to remove but am taking a rest.There I put eye drops in my eyes so hope they are feeling better for a while. The other sewing item for the day also went unfinished as I began to make a pillowcase roll and the fabric was directional. Guess what I put it onto the cuff in the wrong direction. However the one good thing was that I was able to figure out how to do the roll :>)
Adam called this morning to say he was coming over on Friday to take care of some business and would like to spend the day with us after he takes care of business. That will be lovely as he is going back home on Monday and probably won't be back for a while, at least that's what I think.
Last night I began to read a book after I went to bed and didn't get to sleep until 3:00 in the morning. Adam called at 9:00 and I got up then for the day. Ray and I went out for a while and came back home , that is when I  started the error sob, sob. Now it is 7:45 and there are still some stitches to take out.
I volunteered to make a face book page for the Community Quilts and Honour House, or I think I volunteered , maybe I was volunteered. haha!!
I put a call out my dear granddaughter Mary for help with the facebook page. Funny thing I am on facebook myself but have no idea how I got on it LOL. I think Mary fixed me up with that. I probably responded to a request, usually that is what I do on facebook . rather than initiate contact.

LOOK
LOOK at this I have wanted to be able to add photos to the text instead of the side forever!!! I figured it out ,oh happy day!!
This makes up for all my mistakes today haha.
Okay folks that is all for tonight.....
Have a great evening!!
Bon Soir.

No comments: