a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, October 25, 2010

A hornet's nest

Someone in the embroidery world or several someones had started a huge controversy claiming they have been able to embed a tracking system into their embroidery designs so that if any one sends the design onto a friend or to sell them they can be sued. The letter about this was really quite brutal and there had been so much on the e mail about the legality of such a scheme. They have also named  embroidery design companies and said not to purchase designs from them. Not that I would allow anyone to tell me what to do but the whole controversy is tempest in a tea pot. Sometimes I find people so entertaining.  That said Embroidry designers make their living from their work so in effect it is not ehtical to send their designs to someone else or to sell them.
Last night I  finished the red socks and started the brown variegated ones.
Today I really worked hard on my sewing. I put the little blocks from yesterday into a small wallhanging.  That meant cutting all the small borders before putting them into a semblance of a quilt. It took me most of the afternoon and part of the evening to make it.  But it is almost ready to go on the door, just need to buy a bit of cord to hang it on the door. I'll get that on the way home from sewing tomorow. I like mine but I love the one Kathy did so I'll put them both up on the blog. The orange one is Kathy's .
I think I am going to buy the bats design in Kathy's design as I do really like it. And the three little characters too but I'll wait until later in the week, maybe they will go on sale. haha, I like a bargain as well as the rest of you. The green one is mine, we made these designs in an embroidery class , not the spider though. I did not have time to make two more designs so used the ones I had. I do like the Hallowe'en designs and colours.
Now I am off to knit, I hope you  all have a good evening.

        Konbanwa as they say in Japan.

No comments: