a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Very good news

Ray went to the cardiologist this afternoon and the cardiologist said to him " I rarely get to give this news but your heart and arteries are totally in wonderful shape. I am very happy to be able to tell you this" Now how good is that?  I on the other hand have dreadful  CAD but medicines keep me on my feet.
Look what I found - a coloured background, I keep finding new things to play with all the time. Fun Eh!
Tuesday stuff today, It was so much fun. I took a 1/4" foot to Betty. I happened to have two of them and she had none so I gave her the extra one. That wasn't necessarily the fun part LOL but it got the day off to a good start.
I finished one of my butterflies and began the next one, the top wings are a beautiful yellow, the bottom ones are orange and yellow. I just got started on the top and then had to go to Community Quilts early to give an update on the facebook page that I did for CQ. I told the group what I did and that I was not sure that Facebook was the way to go as you had to belong to FB to access the group. So I didn't think that was the way to go. What is the way to go is another question, I am not sure. Of course I'll have to ask Mary for advice. Thank goodness for clever granddaughters.
Sock work : When the sock is down to the correct length for the foot it is time to decrease for the toe.
On needle one knit to the last three stitches knit 2 together , knit one. On needle two  /k1,Sl1,K1,PSSO,
Knit ti the last three stitches on needle two and knit 2 together,K1.  On needle three K1,SL1,K1,PSSO. Knit ti end of needle three. Now knit around all three needles , no decreases. Do these two rounds until there are 5 stitches on needles one and three and 10 stitches on needle two.
Now we do the Ktichener stitch which grafts the toe.
Because it it easier to see it than to explain it go to this site:
How to Kitchener Stitch (Socks Casting Off ...7 min - 6 Nov 2008 - Uploaded by TheCraftsChannel


How to Kitchener Stitch. Used for grafting the toe of socks, this forms an invisible join between the two sets of stitches.

youtube.com - Related videos
Go down to the second video for clear photos.
That's the end ot the sock. Good luck it you have followed these instructions you should have a nice winter sock.
I am thinking of  showing how to do Applique with freezer paper. Wait for it LOL.
Have a great evening.

No comments: