a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, October 8, 2010

fish and chips

Adam came this morning on his way to Langley to return Sam's truck. Then he took the skytrain and bus to do some business and later returned to our place to take us for dinner tonight  at Cockney Kings, one fish small amount of chips and one oyster, Oh my it was delicious!! It is the best place for fish and chips. Many years ago when I lived in Victoria and worked for Island Farms totting up the driver's sheets , there was a good looking young Dutch man who had trouble with the language. One of his bills came in as James Bay Fish Ships. For some silly reason I have never forgotten that because it kind of made me laugh. Why would you remember something that made you laugh 55years ago. The mind is a strange thing.
I put the last row of Sunbonnets together today but discovered a block that was put in the wrong way and now I need to take it out.. This fabric is almost the same front and back but the embroideries need to put in the right way so another job for me to fix. WAA! That will be a job for sure. And there is still one more row of sashing to make and sew on. I think  I should just lay off until everyone leaves the
hotel. LOL
When Adam and Lisa leave I want to go to Fabricana to see if I can find some fabric for my borders and backing.
We returned my  library books this afternoon and I took out four more. I do so love the library but sometimes I just have to buy a new book.When I have read it I donate it to the library.

Now I am at the heel on my sock. I promised you that I would give the instructions for knitting the back of the heel. You need to look at where you started your cuff and that will be the middle of the back. From that point take a piece of wool and use it as a marker. Knit 10 stitches on the first needle ,take the stitches from that needle that are left and slip them onto the second needle ,then slip 10 stitches from the third needle onto the first  needle and slip the last few stitches onto  the second needle. You will have 20 stitches on the needle for the back of the heel.
Purl back on the 20 stitches. Then slip 1, knit 1 across the row. Purl back. Repeat these two rows until the heel which is actually called the Eye of Partridge is 2 1/2 inches. When I have that done I'll give the next instructions.
It's time to go friends.
Have a good evening.
Konbanwa....

No comments: