a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, October 3, 2010

red all over

I seem to be in a mood for red today,like embroidering more redwork and starting a new red sock.
How to knit awinter bed  sock-
Choose 5 mm needles and Lion Brand Wool-Ease worsted weight yarn. This wool makes for happy feet in the winter ;))
Cast on 40 stitches 13 on the first two needles and 14 on the third needle. Join the third and forst needles by knitting the tag and the yarn together for three stitches.
Knit in knit one, purl one rib for 16 rows. Knit in the back of the knit stitch to make the rib look nice.
After you have knit the cuff in ribbing then begin to knit all rounds in plain knit stitches.When you have finished this part of the sock I'll add the next portion fof the pattern. Or should I say after I have finished this portion of the sock I'll add the next portion LOL.
To knit a stitch put the needle into the stitch in the back , yarn over, pull the yarn through and take it off so - in ,over, through, off, that is the knit stitch. The purl stitch is to put the needle into the stitch in the front , pulling the needle toward you, yarn over,pull through and take off. Not too clear , then google knit stich and purl stitch . lots of very clear videos.
My other red for the day was 2 more redwork Sues, Kathy I use two different stabilizers, the iron on tear away,and then a floater full size of a non iron on tearaway, hooped them both along with the fabric and hurrah ,,,, no wrinkles. So that is the solution to our wrinkle problem. Now if I could just stabilize my face and iron out the wrinkles LOL.
And I did good multi tasking today too, watching my embroidery machine work and we all know if you leave the machine alone for even a minute it will misbehave, and I began knitting my red sock. So two things at once.
That's my day folks.
Have a great evening.
Kalispera.

No comments: