a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, October 18, 2010

a warning

to embroiderers. Be careful hwat you use as your stabilizer, don't try to use old stuff to save a dime or two. I did that today and my embroidery was so off the mark. I noticed it at first on the dreaded apron when I began the embroidery but lots of times I think the embroidery is not right and at the end it turns out fine. So this time I just carried on . Half way through I began to see that it was not right but for heaven sakes I was not going to take it out so I finished the design. I would not give it as a gift but I can use it here at home in the kitchen LOL where I spend so much time.
My error was to use the piece I had in the hoop from when I started on the apron the other day and patched the hole with a piece of sticky that was left over from a previous roll. It was a small piece that fit on the hoop so I used it, not paying attention to the crease/fold in it. It meant that there was actually double sticky stabilizer on the hoop. Anyway it didn't work properly as you'll be able to see in the photo.
See the outlines are off, the R in Rouler is half done and the pieces of the body do not meet. Anyway not good but the design is really cute. I think I might try it again on another apron. Funny I have made several of these aprons and they all turned out just fine. That was my afternoon-wasted.
We went to Wal Mart for margarine. That margerine cost us $150.00. Prices sure have gone up lately. LOL
I bought 2 more hand towels to do for my pot luck group. That will be my next pot luck hostess project.
I did some more knitting on my sock yesterday and will do more tonight after I prepare for my class tomorrow night. That may take a while as there is a lot of stuff to do. I am almost tempted to back out of the class or to go and watch.
Canucks won last night 5 to 1.About time- but the Lions lost again. Time is almost up for them. Watching sports is hard on the heart LOL.
My sister in law in Winnipeg goes to the hospital tomorrow to see what kind of chemo they are planning for her.  She is such a nice happy person. I hope they have something that will work for her.
Have a good night folks.
Dobrai nochy.

1 comment:

Miss M (Granddaughter Mary) said...

That's funny, whenever we go to Walmart for Kitty litter it always ends up being $150 too! :D

You should have just called me about your internet ;)