a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

a mosquito

Do you remember the fairy tale Seven at One Blow where a tailor killed 7 flies at once with his swatter and went around claiming to have killed Seven at One Blow whereupon people thought he was a great warrior?
There was a mosquito in our elevator room, must be some stagnant water down there somewhere. Unfortunately for the mosquito I was faster than a speeding bullet and beat him to the draw. He died on the door. Does that make me a great warrior or just an average one tra la la!!  
I had to go to the store myself this morning as Ray is not feeling well. I took in the library got another Shirley Tallman book about San Francisco, Murder on Nob Hill, a Stella Cameron book , she sets her stories in Louisiana, and one more book but I can't think of the title. Then I tripped over to the bakery and bought some fresh bread and a curried pastry, love that. I bought a scratch ticket and it had six dollars on it and I called Sam to see how he was. He was better than on Monday, sounded like his regular cheerful self.
I spent the afternoon cutting border strisp for 2 borders, sewing them together for the long sides pinning them on , sewing them and pressing them Sonow the Sunbonnet redwork quilt top is done . Now I musr decide what to do about the quilting. I can do the straight quilting but don't like to do the free motion in case I ruin the quilt.  So that leaves me with asking Lynn to do it or taking it to Laurne for long arm quilting. The other option is to think about doing some gentle lines around the girls. I think I'll go onto the site where I found the designs and see what suggestions they have for quilting. I worked until 7:00 from 2:00 taking time out for a sandwich and a bowl of soup, the remaining soup from Ray's beef barley. It was even better the third day LOL.
At 7:00 I called Marianne and we talked for an hour about the funeral in Thunder Bay of Ray's cousin's wife Judy. Marianne knows all the people in Thunder Bay as she lived there for years but I barely know any of them. But i did find out what everyone cooked and ate  LOL.
My day is secmented inot time slots. We go out in the morning have lunch, I check my mail for anything important before I start sewing or embroidering, Do that until supper time , write my blog and check my mail again and knit from 9:00 until I go to bed to read my book. Some days I do nothing and that's nice.
So Criminal Minds is on and I want to watch it. We were watching the hockey game but some times I jsut don't want to watch it any more.
Tomorrow I want to talk about an article I read on Jane Goodall the chimo lady.
Have a great evening folks.
Bon Soir.

No comments: