a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, October 24, 2010

the rains came down

We got caught in a downpour around noon ,it was coming down in buckets. I looked around for the cats and dogs LOL.
We had to go out today to pick up a few groceries, things that we use every day. We couldn't buy much since the elevator was out of order , who knows when it will be fixed but we are hoping for tomorrow. We are up on the third floor and I in particular find it difficult to climb those flights because I have CAD which makes it hard to breath with too much  effort. However the good thing is there are little rest stops every so often so I was able to stop until I got my breath. The news says lots more rain for tomorrow and of course snow up in the mountains. That's the weather report  for this day Sunday October 24.  :)
There was a segment on Sixty Minutes earlier in the afternoon on Jane Goodall and her work with the chimpanzees. It was fun to see the actual pictures of her interacting with the animals. An amazing body of work.
I had to run to Michaels for that red wool and found a mix of browns so bought that one too.
Interesting blend of colours I think. It should knit up very nicely.
Ray said he wanted something to put outside the door for Halloween so I started a little wall hanging. Well started it , top is done. Then I had to make dinner , funny after dinner I never want to work just sit and do my other stuff like computer and knitting.  I'll get back to it tommorrow if we don't go to the States. We are thinking about it but Ray may not feel quite up to it .He is still a bit under the weather. I hope we stay home so I can finish this little hanging.
Kathy made one and it is adorable.  Maybe she will let me put it up on this blog with credit of course LOL.   Mine is the blocks we made in class, not as cute but I had two of them ready to go so it made the job shorter , so I can get it up tomorrow evening.
Here are some photos of the changing trees in and around our home. It is so glorious to walk through this canopy of amazing colours.
This is in our courtyard taken from the 3rd floor through a window. Love that deep red.
The leaves are just starting to change on our street it seems to both of us it is later this year. When it is all changed I'll take more photos. There are some trees that I want to take on the property next door, hopefully tomorrow. Autumn is such a beautiful time of year.
Have a good evening listening to the rain from your cozy chair.
Goedenavond...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great photos of the trees Mom. I love those colors, and of course we don't get anything like that down here. Of course we're not going to get the snow or cold either, temps are still running around mid-80's during the days, which I think is high 20's for you?? But it is a bit unusual for it to still be quite this warm t the end of October.

Adam