a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, October 31, 2010

chickens again

Just a cute little old fashioned pot holder. Maybe your grandmother  or your mother  had one in her kitchen. Note I said Her kitchen. That's the way it was in those days and maybe in these days too. Not in my household. We have a his/hers kitchen. Whoever feels like cooking owns the kitchen LOL.
http://tipnut.com/chicken-pot-holder-vintage-pattern/
Click on the link.
I get so many wonderful links on the internet and like to share a few of them with you. Just add them to your collection :) Who uses them?
I took the day off, we watched the football game, still are for that matter. The Lions have to win this game or they are out of the play-offs. At present we are ahead 23 to 10 against Saskatchewan and 2:38 to go. I wonder why some football players hold the ball out in front of them and it slips off their fingers. I have seen that happen several times in this season. I am not an expert at football by no means. OOPS The other team got a touchdown 1:38.  How disappointing.
I was going to cut some strips today but that has not happened yet. Maybe tonight I can get my you know what out of the chair and do something useful.
Although I did knit the turn of the heel and the decreases on brown sock #1 while I have been sitting here watching the game.  Now it is all down hill. I refer to knitting the leg of the sock and the heel as going uphill and the foot as going downhill. Why ?Who knows.
I bought Mark Lipinski's Fabric Trends for Quilters. It is a 2 sided magazine, so look at the front and turn it around for the back, like 2 magazines in one. The back side/front side can't tell which is which has the new fabrics with swatches featured of each line chosen for the magazine and the frontside patterns and the fabric swatches used. I like to buy it every time it is published .I don't particularly like the fabrics chosen for this time, except for Raspberry Sorbet by In The beginning. They always have fine designs. There is an accompanying article on the latest trend in dogs-dyeing your dog to match your shoes or whatever you want to match. In this photo the dog is dyed pink. I saw an item on TV about that. Dogs of many different colours. Poodles seem to have the best hair for that.
Other fabric designers have one or two pieces of the line that I like but not the whole line. It is an interesting magazine and a look at future trends for us Canadians. All new fabrics take at least 6 months to get across the border.
We won the football game but it was a squeaker, right down to the wire.
Enjoy your evening folks.
Guten Abend.

No comments: