a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, October 22, 2010

Canada - the home of the refugee

Did you hear that Randy Quaid and his wife skipped bail in California and came to Canada . They are now asking for refugee status so they can stay here and keep away from American officials.  Oh Canada the home of the free....
Ray and I got our flu shots yesterday and now we have sore , itchy arms. But I have not had the flu ever since I started getting these shots in '96.   I'll put up with the pain.
No sewing today , just a lot of miscellany.
We mailed 2 parcels today , one to Marianne and Gus (embroiderd towels) and one to Marion (quilt) , Ray's sister who has  cancer, And I forgot to take the picture of it, it is a Dresden Plate and is on my Webshots http://community.webshots,com/user/nanboudreau  if you care to take a look in the Nan's pics "Blue Plate Special"  in pink.
I hope it keeps her warm and cozy when she is taking chemo.
Ray had to get a new pin for his master card so we went to the bank for that.
 We had lunch with our friends Bob and Buzz, just at Burger King but we had a very nice visit. We have to laugh, when we were younger we had each other for dinner and cooked really good meals. Now neither of us want to cook so we eat out. What happens when you get older  I wonder. After all it just means a couple of extra plates at the table not like the huge dinners we all used to have at one time. Then Ray and I walked the mall for half an hour or maybe a bit more. We had to go to Wal Mart to return 2 items we bought the other day , light bulbs, not strong enough, and a t-shirt for me. It said my size on it and when I got it home it was way too small, that is another thing I wonder about , I have not gained any weight so why do the sizes not fit. I used to get good things at Wal Mart now not any more. The clothing is very thin or way  smalerl than it used to be and NO I have not gained weight ;), in fact I have lost some. The tees I have from a few years ago are actually too big.
 I had to go to  the library again as the call came in that there was a book I had ordered waiting for me. It was another Shirley Tallman Mystery . Murder at Cliff House. I already started it. I was reading a knitting mystery but it was not that good, a slow starter but Cliff House started out running at the first sentence. I was captured. Too bad she has only written 4 novels.
After we got home I was so tired taht I lay down and had a 30 mintue nap. Then it was time to make dinner. Adam and Lisa had given us a large chunk of ling cod when they were here, ling cod is my favourite fish. I put it in the oven as it was very thick and it would cook better there than in a frying pan. We had wild rice , I bought the new single servings of minute rice and it was delicious. Then I topped it off with fresh asparagus.  I actually cooked dinner but Ray said he did as he poked the fish with a knife to see if it was done LOL!!!  What a card he is.
Here is the instruction for that block I need to do tomorrow.

Set you magnification at 200 to see this.


Day is done, gone the sun....
Have a good evening. Time to knit.

No comments: