a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

great granddaughter and blog for Oct 28

Katherine our great granddaughter her mom is pregnant due in January. What does this look like LOL.             Look below the picture for Thursday's blog.
I love this girl, she is so funny.
Blog for Thursday Oct 28, 2010

I added this last night but am going to write today's blog here anyway.
Somehow the font starts in the middle of the page but it seems to be working.
Ray and I went to the states early this morning . We had a good day but coming home in the rain and the dark. Our usual route was full of accidents . Two of the bridges had accidents on them.On the  Alex Fraser a semi trailer had overturned and blocked of the bridge front and back so the roads in all directions were jammed. they were warning eveyone to miss that bridge. That's the way we usually come home. The second choice was the Patullo and there was a three car pile up on that bridge. We had to go right across Surrey to Highway one. It was dark as I have said and raining. We got kind of lost, didn't know where we were or where we were going. At last we found our way out of that impasse and the Port Mann bridge was clear except for the accesses which were a bit blocked but we got over them quickly. In New Westminster there was a line up to get onto the Patullo but the police had the access blocked off . It seems the whole Lower Mainland was a mess! 
It was a relief to get home and relax. That kind of driving is nerve wracking. I was so thirsty that I drank one whole can of ginger ale.
No sewing today but knitting will be happening. I did a fair amount of knitting last night so am well on the way to the heel.
Downsizer.net quick and chunky socks. This site shows very clearly how to knit a chunky sock.
My tomorrow plan is to sew and to put my SBS quilt together to see how much fabric I need for the backing. If there is enough of the cream with red images that will be good but if not I'll need to improvise and piece.
That is it for tonight ,have a great evening everybody.
Bon Soir....



No comments: