a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Oh my aching back

My back is killing me today for some reason. After grocery shopping I sewed on my quilt despite the back but every time I got up and down I cried. Well cried out...
But I persevered and replaced the block that I had put in backwards . It takes more effort to do that than to do it right the first time. But some days we just make mistakes. After replacing the block and sashing I had to cut more sashing . The strips were already sewn and jsut needed cutting to the right size whixh was 9 1/2 ". Then I needed to make some alternate strips for the 9 patches. Many people have said that 9 patches are the easiest block for novices to do but I disagree with that opinion. I'm no novice and always have trouble with that block getting the corners matched. But I got them done with lots of pinning and sobbing LOL.  It was  time to sew the sashing  and the 9 patches together. That done I had to pin that last row onto the rest of the quilt. But by then it was dinner time and after dinner there was no way I could get back to sewing it on, so it is all prepared for tomorrow. I hope we can go to the shop and find a nice piece for a small border. I want  a white background with a red design on it and a piece for a half inch stopper. The ladies at the store are so good at finding the correct piece.
We have the weirdest electric kettle. It is very attractive with a chrome piece that sits around the glass where you can see inside the kettle. Every time the kettle boils the chrome piece pops off LOL. It makes for exciting times.
We are watching the football game, our team is getting beaten up. We have 2 players off with injuries. Our teams have not been doing too well this season. Disappointing :(
Quilt for Honour House, not disappointing LOL, My dinner partner Barb made and donated this top. It was quilted by our Long Arm quilter Lauren.
I loved this blue and yellow quilt, those colours are so fresh and clean. A very appealing quilt for Honour House.
I took these at the quilt guild so that is why you see all the backs of the members heads, a most alluring sight ;)
These are my thought for tonight. I wish you all a good evening.
Life is too short to sleep on low thread-count sheets.   Leah Stussy
Buona Sera.

No comments: