a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

a night to remember

If remembrance is somwhting I can aspire to ;)
Kathy and I went to dinner with our dinner group. There were just three of us tonight as Judy said she could not come so Barb joined the two of us. We had a good dinner but snce I have not been there since June I thought I noticed a few shanges and so did the others. The Greek salad was not as big as it once was and my sole and rice did not taste as good as it used to. However there was nothing wrong though just a bit different. I did ask if they had a new chef, which they didn't.
When we got to the guild Judy was there with a cast on her arm , that was why she didn't make it to dinner. Good excuse LOL
Early in the day Ray and I went to FedEx to send the computer cable back to Adam and Lisa. It cost $61 and he thought it would just cost $25. He is horrified at the cost of things in Canada. That's the way it goes , as Barb said tonight "Some days you're the dog and some days you're the hydrant." We nearly fell over when she said that.
At guild tonight we had a speaker from Quilter's Connection . She is the editor and founder of the new magazine. She showed us her own quilts , some of which are featured in the magazine. She features just Canadian quilters and designers. If you have ever designed a quilt she would like to hear from you. In my opinion most of us have designed out own quilts. Some of mine are quilts in which I have not used a pattern of another designer so that means I designed my quilt . LOL I see quilts that the ladies in Community Quilts have "designed" and they are beautiful. I have taken some photos but won't bother to download them tonight.
She explained how a magazine is out together and said it is a lot of work. I can only imagine the amount of labour involved. It is like giving birth every three months :>)
We had a very good Show and Tell, cookies ,cakes, juice and coffee.
We have a huge inventory of quilting books and our members can take out four books each. I help in the library checking out the books that members want to read. It is a fun job because you get to meet nearly everyone at the guild , to talk and joke and have a good laugh while you work. Nothing could be better.
So that's' it for tonight.
Bonne nuit.

No comments: