a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, October 30, 2010

gaining weight

I heard yesterday that people gain between 7 and 10 pounds on an average between Hallowe'en and Christmas. How to work against that? I have a theory about gaining weight. Eat breakfast, a light lunch and dinner. Then nothing until morning when breakfast starts once again.  No sweeet or salty snacks , just water. Starvation , maybe but good for weight loss. No counting of calories, no writing down what you eat just good plain weight loss . Not a great or quick loss just steady.  Walk a bit every day, fast if you can , slow if you can't go fast. But move it around ;)
Good luck, that is my thoughts on weight. Those of you who know me probably wonder what I know about losing pounds, I am still chubby,a word I prefer to FAT. But I'll have you know that using my method of weight loss which I don't always commit to so my loss is slow, I have  lost 13 1/2 pounds.  it has taken a year but it works. The main thing is don't eat after dinner.
For dinner tonight we had just vegetables and they were delicious, carrots, onions, celery, cauliflower , brocolli,potato, tomatoes  cucumber in oil and vinegar . Dipped my bread and butter in  the oil and vinegar,mmm my favourite!! No Meat. Delicious!!
My friend Jean in Delaware phoned me this morning to suggest I do a system restore on my recalcitrant computer to restore the internet. Thank You Jean, it worked. That's why I can do this blog!!!!
http://www.birdbraindesigns.net/category/21-free-designs.aspx    
There are 3 pages of free redwork designs on this site. They look small so probably for a 4x4 hoop, but they are cute.
And I sewed this afternoon :) One of the blocks I am doing for the guild was short one square.. Try and match a colour which is what I was trying to do. Not an easy task , no matter how many fabrics you have of that particular shade the tone is off.  So that was my search for the day. I finally found one that is close so I went with that.  I like this block , it is a good one.
My camera has turned blue again, this is actually purple not blue. Does anyone know how to change it back to the right colour. Remember when that happened before. I went back to London Drugs and they fixed it for me. However I would like to know how to do it myself since I probably turned it blue. How ? Your guess is as good as mine. LOL.
I looked at my fabric for the backing to SBS and decided not to go to Fabricana but to get those clever ladies at Community Quilts to show me how to get it right. That's a relief, making a decision is always a relief. Right or wrong it's the decision that counts :0
Tomorrow I start the animal prints quilt, hopefully!!
Check out the blog for Oct.27, the one that has the photo of Catherine, below the picture is the blog for the 28th. A few people have mentioned that there was no blog for that day but I hid it below the picture. Haha did you find it?
Enough said folks, have a great night!!
Buona notte.

No comments: