a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

pop,pop,popcorn

Yep we are eating popcorn- love it. Gets the finger greasy though.
What a  day this has been I just got home after 9:00 after a busy day of going to all my groups.  Appliqueing in the morning at the church after Pat and I went for coffee earlier at Starbucks.  I am still working on those butterflies can't remember if  I took a picture of the peach one, it is really pretty. I don't feel like taking photos tonight so tomorrow I'll do it.
At Community Quilts Lynn taught me how to make a rolled up pillowcase and French seams.  Now the trick is to remember it all. But I do have a pillowcase kit of Christmas fabrics, just one case though so I hope I can do it right.
I volunteered to set up a Facebook page for Community Quilts. Now just how do I do that. I have one myself but am not sure how I got it . Oh the ups and downs of life.
Community Quilts is having a sale soon and theyhad some nice things there but the one I liked a lot was the folded star potholder. I have always loved that pattern but never made it. So I bought two of them, one for me and one for Kathy. Now they have to make some more :>))
  Lynn liked her socks, so did Ione so it is her turn now to get a pair after I finish the red ones for Katie.
Tonight Kathy and I went to a class to learn more about stabilizers. It was very informative and we learned about all the different stabilizers and their uses. There were some I did not know about so that was a good thing to learn.
I got a nice letter today from Emblibrary saying they were going to put up my three towel series at some point. I am in the line up LOL. But that makes me happy.
I finished my book The 19th Wife. A very good read if anyone is interested. It is about Brigham Young and jumps back and forth from his time to today with a story and a mystery.
We have discovered a new channel, 230, on Shaw, called  Animal Planet which is carrying the most beautiful films about our earth and its inhabitants. We have watched it a lot and it has shows we have never seen,now that is a nice change from reruns LOL
Now tha tmy keyboard is all greasy I am going to sign off.
Good night ladies and gents if there are any.

No comments: