a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, October 23, 2010

I am a nurse

Poor Ray was sick again today so I had to put on my nurse's hat and take care of him. I must have been good as he felt better in the afternoon.  Haha! It was easy though as he is not demanding,  I hope he is up to scratch tomorrow.
Since we did not go out except for some bread and a chicken for dinner. He felt up for that so he was better. The chicken was already barbecued and was delicious. I just added some cucumber and tomatoes in oil and vinegar. I love that. We both do. So it was an easy dinner.
During the day I had time to sew so began the blocks for the guild. I got three out of the four done and stopped after dinner. I wonder why it took me all afternoon but realized that I sew very slowly in order to get the seams all right and of course as I mentioned last night these blocks are really nine patches. Ione wrote to me this morning and said that these blocks are idiot proof. I guess she has not been reading about my problems with 9 patches.  I was very careful and the blocks are not too bad. They can always toss the ones that don't work LOL. So here they are.
Pretty aren't they.
I didn't tell you that On Tuesday three people gave me those adorable chicken pin cushions, Lynn, Ione and Paulina. They are really pretty and they get along well with the other three chickens in the coop. The mayor has approved back yard chicken coops in the city . I don't have a back yard but these sit well in my sewing room LOL. thank you ladies!!

The new girls on the block LOL.
I just discovered  there is a spell check for the blog, amazing what you can learn by clicking on the buttons. That's how I found how to add pictures to the body of the blog instead of them going down the sides. However now I need to know how to fix up the sides and the background of this blog. I see so many lovely looking ones and don't know how to make mine more beautiful.  Blogger does not seem to have the information I want or at least it doesn't make it easy to find. :>)
I ran out of red wool for the second sock, we had wanted to go to Michael's for another ball but that did not happen. Tomorrow I think.
That's my day and now it is time to take it easy. Rest easy all of you.
Bon soir.

 


No comments: