a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, October 29, 2010

internet problems

I'm late again tonight, the same internet problems that I had before have attacked me once again. My PC upstairs cannot get on the internet at all but this laptop downstairs is able to. That makes it a mystery because I have a wireless router and if it is not working which it is not then neither computer gets on the internet. However I should not complain as one of them is working. I wish one of my family was available to take a look at it. I have been taking my laptop to London drugs but the PC has so many wires I am afraid to go near it. It is definitley not wireless LOL. I spent the whole afternoon trying to get things to work to no avail and trying to find a design for my friend's linen napkin. I found a few that I liked and printed them off to take on Tuesday. She can make up her own mind and all I have to do is sew them out. Therefore there was no sewing again except to check and see if the fabric I wanted to use was enough for the backing of my redwork SBS. I am sure you can guess the answer to that one. No it was not enough so back to the store.  I am slightly dislexic so cannot figure out which way to cut the backing . I take it to Shirley at Fabricana and she tells me where to cut it and where to fill in the extra spaces that I need to make it the correct size.
Lynn our daughter, well Ray's daughter, but I feel like she is mine too asked us to look for The Chipmunks Christmas. We found a three DVD package with Christmas, Hallowe'en and Thanksgiving for the little great grandaughters. We also found a CD so I think we'll go back for that too. Haley Rose is in love with Dora the Explorer and I am sure it is she who is driving this Chimpunk thing.
Then came  the frustrating  afternoon. I hope the evening is more stable.
Katie is getting ready for winter up north.She was unable to get the antifreeze  and the block heater for her car. I sure hope she can get that sorted out,it is important. She is off hunting again this weekend.
Though I'd tack this one up tonight.
Ione did this and hand quilted the same design in the spaces as the appliqued one. It is a beautiful quilt and she made it for Honour House. It is a treat to look at.
Do you ever get feeling that you need to take a few days off sewing, that maybe it will all get better after a break. That is where I am today.  If we go to Fabricana tomorrow I'll get enthused again , at least to get the backing done.
I think I may get Lauren to do the quilting. I have a friend who tries to encourage me to do the quilting myself but I am not good at it and think I might mess it up. She always says it isn't my quilt if I have Lauren do the quilting. But then I know it will be beautiful and professionally done.
Done  for tonight folks.
Have a lovely evening. Kalispera.

No comments: