a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, August 26, 2011

Baby it's hot outside

But Ray and I have a portable Air Conditioner and that keeps us comfortable. When we first bought this unit we had no idea it would be so hot. It gets the afternoon sun and was unbearable, so we bought a window Air Conditioner which had to be inserted into a samll window in which we had to cut out a portion of the glass. I was never very comfortable with that position as it was held up on a metal stand and had metal screws. Because of all the rain we have I was constantly afraid that it would rust out and fall down onto the patio of the unit below and perhaps on a person. So I prevailed on Ray to buy an in house portable one.  It works well enough for us and I am not nervous any more :)))
You know the rouble that I have had with my legs. I thought it was the anti biotic. So I called the Doctor who prescribed it, but he is away on holiday. However the receptionist called me back shortly after our original contact. She had called the anti biotic nurse at the hospital and she said it would not be the antibiotic and to call my personal doctor. But my doctor is away on holiday too. The other option was to go to emergency. I've had enough of emergency.LOL
So I'll just wait until my surgery is done.
My visit to the clinic took longer today as my arm was very itchy from the dressing and the tape. It all had to be removed and the nurse put on a gauze dressing. It is working well,thank goodness.
We had to go to the bank for some money but the bank machine was out of order.  That was okay we had enough money to do what we wanted and tomorrow is another day. We had coffee  and a muffin at Tim Horton' s.
On the way to the clinic we met a dog who was a big ham. We asked his mom if we could take his picture and he popped right up to the car window and smiled.  It was so funny, just as if he knew he was being photographed. Dogs are smart sometimes.
First he checks me out....
 Then he smiles
Isn't he priceless?


Today after an absence of months I began to make my daily lists . I managed to get some of my list done :)) Still more to come....
This tree seems to have the seasons mixed up and it is so tall it reaches the roof of Safeway.  
It is still summer or is it not?

And the really good news is that Emblibrary is featuring my leaf tea towels on their Showcase on the 6th of September.   Isn't that exciting. I though they had forgotten about them as  they were done last year. And I haven't really done much embroidery this year, just a few angels.  Anyway I am always gratified when Emblibrary features my work.
I'm not sure it this group is the ones they are showing or if it is the ones below.


These designs stitch out so beautifully and are such fun to do.
That's me for tonight.
Have a lovely evening. I hear the line up at the PNE house is short tonight. And the evening I so fine. A good opportunity to go out and have some fun and eat those delicious artery buster goodies.
Buena notte






No comments: