a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, August 25, 2011

tiny quilts

http://www.freequiltpatterns.info/QuiltCategories/FreeMiniatureQuiltPatterns.htm
Cute little patterns for doll quilts. These could be a big seller at you guild boutique.
http://www.modabakeshop.com/2011/08/jewels-in-curio.html
A nice blog with a tutorial for jewels in curio. New to me but looks pretty . The dog loves it :))
Ray got me out early today before I sell asleep after the antibiotic. We had to go to Safeway for prescriptions once again.
Then we went to Surrey to Wineberries quilt shop. It is so small now that I just took my cane, I was afraid to use the walker. Still looking for the large yoyo maker,for a moment my heart leapt when I saw one but alas it was the small one which I have. However they had beautiful fabric but I didn't buy any, no more room in my fabric dresser since There has been no sewing going on.
I did find a lovely 3 metre piece of white background in one of my hidey holes. It will do perfectly for my next embroidery quilt. Nice surprise.
In Surrey I found a neat rust coloured house  but got the photo from the wrong end.  Also the fence was exactly the same colour as the house. I really liked the look and am sorry not to have gotten the front view rather than the side. But we can't be perfect all the time. When you look at the photo the colour appears to be brown but it was a lovely rust.
 The dogs were conspicuous by their absence today except for one whom you'll see coming into  the picture frame.
He looks pretty old, the poor dear. He's definitely not frisky LOL.
I read in the paper yesterday that many young people are taking up sewing, not necessarily quilting but who knows where it all my lead. They are very interested in couture. It will get them away from the social networking that is so involving  and fill their minds with creative thought. I think it's great.
Sorry folks I forgot to publish once again.
So here it is.







No comments: