a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, August 11, 2011

something to enjoy

http://www.piecemakers.com/products/pm/collections.html    
The layout of this page appeals to me. There is a pattern at the bottom of the page.
Click on whichever of the windows you like and that will get you to another page.
Surely I have mentioned my Card Trick quilt the very one I was searching for and trying to get off Webshots. It was upstairs so   I got Jim to bring it down. This quilt was one of my very early ones and was based on a book by Eleanor Burns as a quick way to make card trick blocks . The book is called Winning Ways. It was lots of fun to make. In this quilt not one of the reds is duplicated, many were donated by friends.

I was alone today for a bit while Jim and Ray took the car to the garage. I took the opportunity to call Jean in Delaware. She told me that the first two sites I put up on last night's blog would not work. I have attempted to fix that and it does work for me so give it another try if you are interested.  If it doesn't work this time , well there are other fish in the sea LOL.
We went to return a library book that Marg had given me to read and we met her and her friend Mona. We all sat down and had a visit. I had to use the walker today, very shaky legs. I sure wish I knew why.  We also had to mail some receipts to Blue Cross. It keeps Ray hopping, he isn't used to doing these types of chores as I always take care of it.  I did get Adam to fill out the forms for Blue Cross when he was here. I have a brain freeze right now LOL.
We had dinner at the Keg courtesy of Sam who gave me a big gift certificate. It was a treat but the noise level sometimes gets to the three of us because conversations have to be carried out at full volume.  It appears though that is the way everywhere.
I had prime Rib, baked potato with the works and coffee. Delicious!
MMM Doesn't this look yummy, I did not have this marvellous confection but did have a tiny piece of Strawberry Shortcake for dessert.
Good evening folks.
Bona sira.

 



2 comments:

Gail in Arizona said...

Nan I made a small cuddle quilt using Winning Ways also. Donated it to our church here and it made money. Did you realize the book profits go towards AIDS research?

We have the dish clothes and David says thank you very much! They are so nice and very appreciated.


love you Gail

Gail in Arizona said...

The picture is our much loved and missed Missy Kula Kai on the lawn at the beautiful house they had here. Beethoven is doing great now. He has learned to "whoof" at 4 a.m. to go out LOL

love Gail