a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, August 29, 2011

depression dinner

We are like a lot of folks, never know what to have for dinner and really don't care much to cook. Tonight we decided to have baked beans and weiners. It has been so long since we had that for dinner, years. Maybe it was during the depressions  LOL. My mom used to make bacon and beans. She would fry the bacon , put the baked beans in an oven proof dish, place the bacon on top of the beans and put it in the oven for half an hour. It was delicious. We loved it.Boston Baked Beans Recipe

:
http://stitchfun.com/news_110829.htm
I like this site, lots of wonderful embroidery  information and embroidery sites to enjoy. It comes every day if you sign up for it. I read it each day.

http://scrapboxquilts.blogspot.com/2011/08/hexagon-tutorial-supplies-basting.html
Back to hexagons and this tutorial is very explicit on how to make them.  Now I expect to see some hexagons. They would be good to make for a mug rug.

http://www.creationsbykara.com/2010/01/baby-rag-quilt-tutorial.html
My granddaughter Katie made one of these baby rag quilts when she was in her mid teens. We bought the fabric she wanted and just sewed the flannel pieces together-no batting , no backing and brushed up the seams. It is on my webshots in the album Katie's Quilts, the quilt is titled flannels.
If you want to see her quilt check it out here
http://webshots.community.user/nanboudreau
I am having trouble with my webshots and cannot get any of my photos off the site. Also copy and paste is not working for my pictures. I think I have to get it looked at. I wrote to Webshots and they said to reinstall. Jim did that ,but it is still the same.
Good day today. I actually walked around the apartment without using the cane. Now that is progress!!!
Marg came over this afternoon so that I could copy some church paper for her.
We talked about James Patterson and how he is now writing his books with a co author. I am reading one at the moment, almost finished and the writing to me anyway is seamless. I can't tell the difference between the two authors.  Marg says the one she is reading shows that there are obviously two people writing the book
she is reading. I am  anxious to read it and she is bringing it over tomorrow.
Nice doors ,good gates and fence and the colour is dense.
A canine conversation on a day in the park. What could be better. And now a dog who knows how to have a good time on a hot day.
Time to go  folks. I hope you all had a good day.
And have a lovely evening.


 










No comments: