a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, August 20, 2011

trivia of the day

Groceries today and I bought a new magazine, I usually buy Fons and Porter but this time it was McCall's  Quilting- in a plastic sleeve too. I don't like buying magazines that are enclosed in plastic even though I know it is to keep the CDs from being stolen. Not that the ruse works since there was already one on the shelf that had be freed from its sleeve. And no CD anywhere. However it did give me the chance to look through the magazine before I  purchased it. One woman's sin is another woman's opportunity LOL
The bakery was our next stop, we go there a lot it seems but the bread is fresh , sometimes it is even still warm from the oven and the aroma just makes your mouth water.
Have any of you found that the price of vegetables is getting outrageous. We bought a stalk of celery this morning and it was over $4.00. I was stunned. Maybe things have changed a lot since I have been in and out of hospital this year. On the other hand there is so much lovely fresh fruit around right now, it is delicious.
I took some photos of pathways or entrances to pathways. It is always a mystery going down an unknown road to see what is at the end of the road.  Well it could be a bit of a danger too so take a dog or a companion or just stand at the entrance and imagine.

This trail takes you a long way up through an urban forest. When I was in a lot better shape I could climb this one but that was a long time ago :))

And here is the canine companion out for a stroll with his people.

 My Rick is stranded in in Bella Coola according to Carla. She said a bad storm had come up and as Rick is sailing the Inside Passage he cannot set sail until the storm settles down.  I am happy he is being sensible and staying put.  It will take him two weeks to navigate the boat back home according to Carla.  I know I have a picture of his boat but after spending the last half hour looking for it I am giving up.
We  are watching the most God Awful stuff (movies) on TV. I hate to be a complainer but we pay big money for these channels and there is nothing worth watching . I sure hope the Fall works will be better and that there are more than 6  episodes for the season.
Enough of this for tonight.
Have a great evening folks . Buenas tardes.








1 comment:

Diana Davis said...

Always love reading your posts when I manage to get on here! I agree; prices on veggies went crazy. Plus have you bought coffee lately? That jumped way up too; we were buying a 34 oz can of coffee for $6.99 and now the same can goes for $9.99 on sale. NOT GOOD! Everything is going up up up. Well everything except our income that is!