a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, August 13, 2011

shopping at Costco

Off to Costco today to buy some lasagna for dinner and we got out of there just over $100. But aside from the lasagna I bought a book to read and Costco had the yearly date book I always buy for $8.00 and change. Last year I left it until later in the year and when I went for one there were none. After a lot of searching I finally found one at a small book shop. The price? $15.95. Talk about sticker shock, but I bought it anyway because it was what I wanted.
So here it is. I have bought these management date books for years, lots of room to write things in.
My laptop desk is all falling apart and cracking up as the plastic degrades . Costco to the rescue, look what they had for sale!
And it just had to come home with me.
That was it for me I had to sit down. We did have a Costco hot dog though. We like them and so do a lot of other people from the looks of it.
Ray delivers the goods and Jim helps eat them. Well I ate one too.But note we did not buy fries. Tasty hot dogs, a large weiner with onions ,relish, mustard and hot pepper rings if you like them. Ray does, I don't :)))
Hey I'm busy here.
I did get some new /old fences. Fascinationg looking for fences, the beautiful ones beside the ugly ones, right up to them . It makes an odd juxtaposition. Fences are so expensive to build so I sypathize with those who cannot replace their fence.

A bit saggy.
 After many tries to get this picture I finally made it. Another hydro box and different from all the others. There are two on this street and the first one I miss all the time . This one I missed regularly too but Ray slowed down a bit and I was finally able to catch it. How hard can it be to catch an inanimate object. Oh Yes, I was not an inanimate object at the time , that's the reason LOL.
The new toilet went in today. Surprisingly it was done in jig time.
This month we had to buy a new water dispenser, a new toilet . new motor mounts for the car, insurance for my car and travel insurance for Ray and me. It is just one of those months.
Adam and Lisa dropped in for a visit just around dinner time but they had had a big lunch and were not hungry. It was so good to see them. They were on their way to Sam's for tomorrow's big family barbecue.
Thanks for reading . Have a lovely evening.
Good night.




No comments: